5 Underrated Series on Netflix to binge watch right now!

5 Underrated Series on Netflix to binge watch right now



I know that I am being really brave to write about any series beside GOT right now. But I just can't help it, these ones are that good! After working for 9 hours five days in a week, weekends are my only savior. And that's the only time I get to explore something beyond cases and technical issues. So, on such days I indulge myself mostly into a cozy nap followed by some home-cooked food and yes! Netflix and Chill. Here is a list of 5 series which I have watched over the last 2 months. These are so engaging yet highly underrated. If you are also a big Serioholic like me then grab a seat and a bowl of popcorn to start binge watching right now.



1. Glitch

5 Underrated Series on Netflix to binge watch right now


Released in 2016, Glitch is an Australian series based on the idea of resurrection or 'rising of the dead'. The theme itself was so interesting that I was compelled to click on the play button right after reading the description and thankfully it never disappointed me. There are two seasons of the show available on Netflix right now and every episode leaves you asking for more. I completed both the seasons in 3 days as the episodes are just around 20-30 minutes long which keeps the binge-watchers thoroughly engaged. Apart from the theme, each character also has its own story to convey in this not so mainstream setting. I must admit by the end of the last episode I fell in love with a character or two.




2. The Russian Doll



The protagonist 'Nadia Vulvokov' is at her 36th birthday party when she accidentally dies and unfortunately comes back to life not once or twice but multiple times. Based on the concept of time loop, this series is more of a comedy-drama than being another science fiction show. It more about reliving all the dying moments with Nadia rather than looking for the logical answer of 'how'. The series was recently released on Feb, 2019 so if you have not yet watched it you should go ahead and do it right now.




3. The Good Place



I must confess that I came across this series on such a low weekend when nothing was going right on the professional front. The Good Place was the only good thing that came my way during that unlucky phase. So, have you ever wondered what happens when we die? or What is heaven made up of? or Whether hell is as hellish as we imagine? If yes then this one is for you. Being a child I always pictured and imagined heaven, made of ice-cream mountains and chocolate fountains. But this series gives you a different picture. It is all about how you perceive the world. While giving out such a strong message the series is funny throughout as well. The protagonist 'Eleanor' makes sure that you die laughing at her afterlife journey.




4. The Sinner




The two seasons are filled with excitement and astounding plots. I can not appreciate enough the character development and the main story of this mysterious series. Every scene has a novel point of view of human relations and the complexities that we deal with throughout our life. Bill Pullman is at his best with in his depiction of the tortured soul caused by childhood mishaps. In any case, he can transcend and sympathize with others to discover salvation with unstoppable will. I can hardly wait for season 3. I highly recommend watching The Sinner if you love thrillers and mystery-dramas as much as I do.




5. Stories by Rabindranath Tagore





Last but not the least is our Indian series 'Stories by Rabindranath Tagore'. Now being a Bong I do have an inclination towards all the Bong stuff. But keeping that aside this series has something for everyone. Be it any gender or age group the stories by Rabindranath Tagore are bound to strike a chord in your heart. Watch it on a lazy weekend along with some 'Mangsho Bhaat' to cherish its authentic simplicity.

Comments

Popular Posts